This entry is from my new book Resonance available in February 2024!
We have a sacred responsibility to take care of ourselves because the world needs what only we can bring to it. Our colleagues, family, friends, and those yet to be in our circle need us to be who we were created to be. Not an inauthentic version of someone else’s image of who we were told to be.
Our purpose does not call us to be hidden or overstressed and overwhelmed. I see too many beloveds burn out, trying to live within the world’s expectations and timelines.
Press pause, reset, and take care of you.
Is it time to unplug and disconnect for a day?
We’re here to be in loving service in whatever our purpose has called us to do and be. We need to be clear, refreshed, and renewed on a regular basis. We have much sacred work to do as our authentic selves.
If you find yourself loosening your boundaries, feeling edgy, and a bit stretched in too many directions, perhaps it’s time to listen within and rest in the beauty of stillness.
Recharge, reflect, and renew. You are needed for the marathon of living, loving service. How will you actively renew your energy today?
Here are three self-care activities you can begin today.
- Deep Breathing Break:
- Find a quiet spot, sit or lie comfortably
- Inhale deeply for four counts, hold for four, and exhale for four.
- Repeat for a few minutes to reduce stress and promote relaxation.
- Mindful Observation Pause:
- Take a moment to observe your surroundings without judgment.
- Focus on colors, textures, and sounds.
- Be present in the moment to alleviate anxiety and recharge.
- Expressive Writing Session
- Use a notebook or open a document.
- Write freely about your thoughts and feelings.
- Use this as a tool to reflect and renew your mental clarity.
Incorporating a few simple practices into your routine can provide a quick and effective way to recharge your energy, reflect on your thoughts, and renew your sense of well-being.
In peace, love and unity,
If this edition of Encouraging Words™ has supported, lifted or met a need for you today, please consider a gift of prayer, financial support and/or sharing this message with a friend.
Your generosity helps me with the resources needed to continue the work I’m called to do. Thank you! Connect & Support